Don’t miss out on this year´s New Media opportunities at IDFA. Submit your project for IDFA DocLab by August 1 and if you have a project in development or production make sure to submit it to IDFA’s Crossmedia Forum by September 1.
For those interested in the creative potential of digital technology, virtual reality and interactive media, this year’s International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (November 18-29) will have more to offer than ever before.
Since 2007, the IDFA DocLab program showcases the best interactive non-fiction storytelling and explores how the digital revolution is reshaping documentary art. DocLab Academy presents a unique interactive training program and IDFA’s Crossmedia Forum offers new funding and co-production opportunities for innovative non-linear projects.
As of this year, IDFA will expand its range of events for interactive and digital documentary storytelling, as well as its competition, exhibition programs and market opportunities.
IDFA DocLab: submission deadline August 1
This year IDFA DocLab will present its largest program to date, including a new Award for Virtual Reality and Immersive Non-Fiction, as well as a special program (Seamless Reality) exploring the boundaries between our physical and digital reality. DocLab is open to all sorts of interactive projects, ranging from webdocs, apps and virtual reality projects to data art, multimedia journalism, installations and live performances. Click here to submit your project.
IDFA Crossmedia Forum: submission deadline September 1
IDFA Forum, the festival’s international co-financing and co-production market, welcomes crossmedia projects with an emphasis on interactivity seeking funding, co-production or professional input. Through Round Table Pitches, one-on-one meetings and networking events the Forum is a meeting place for producers and a diverse group of decisionmakers in the field of interactive storytelling. Click here to submit your project.
IDFA and interdisciplinary arts centre De Brakke Grond invite emerging interactive artists, storytellers and documentary filmmakers to apply for a unique training program, including masterclasses, workshops, and access to key industry events. Application will open on September 1, details will be available online by the end of August.
- DocLab Interactive Conference on November 22: the main interactive event of the festival, bringing together the world’s leading interactive pioneers.
- Forum Crossmedia Pitches on November 23 and one-on-one meetings from November 23 to 25.
- DocLab Live Cinema Events: an exclusive series of five interactive showcases, performances, live music and/or audience participation from 19 to 24 November.
- DocLab Seamless Reality Exhibition, Competition Showcase and VR Screening Room running from November 19 to 29.
- DocLab Summit on November 23 & 24: industry think tank event (by invitation only).