DocLab Shorts 24 Nov at 19:45
A program of short stories that would never have existed without the internet.
Open Call for DocLab Academy 2016 Participants
We are now accepting applications for the DocLab Academy 2016!
The DocLab Academy is an international program for new talent in the field of documentary storytelling and interactive media. The program takes place November 17-21 during the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam.
DocLab Academy 2016
Digital technology has become increasingly entangled with everyday reality. The consequences are far-reaching and can be alarming, but it has also lead to a new era of artistic innovation in non-fiction storytelling and art across multiple disciplines.
But how do we tell an interactive story? What artistic opportunities do new technologies such as virtual reality, artificial intelligence and interactive media have to offer? How do the world’s most successful digital pioneers use the endless opportunities of the internet without getting lost? And how do you finance interactive documentaries, find the right partners and reach your audience?
The DocLab Academy program addresses a variety of challenges and opportunities through exclusive workshops on virtual reality and interactive storytelling by international new media pioneers. Portfolio reviews and one-on-one meetings offer insights into more specific questions while the Live Cinema Events and the Interactive Conference provide inspiration. There will also be plenty of time to network and reflect on each other’s work.
Who can participate:
This program is open to documentary filmmakers and new media professionals working both nationally (Dutch and Flemish) and internationally. The deadline for application is September 12, 2016.
Participation to DocLab Academy 2016 costs €130,-
What we offer:
Exclusively for DocLab Academy participants:
• Access to masterclasses & workshops
• Portfolio reviews & one-on-one meetings
• Attendance of the IDFA Crossmedia Forum (Europe’s largest co-financing market)
• Networking opportunities
• Access to IDFA Festival screenings and industry events
Additional access to the DocLab program:
• Interactive Conference on November 20
• DocLab Exhibition
• DocLab Live Cinema Events
How to apply:
Send us an email in English by September 12 (midnight CET) with the following details:
• Short bio (25 words)
• Motivation detailing why you would like to participate (max. 100 words)
• Description of your current or most recent new media project, including visuals (max. 100 words)
• Description of what you would like to learn and research in the field of interactive storytelling (max 50 words)
• Three links to digital or interactive projects that inspire you
• Contact details
• Website and link to online portfolio
• Headshot (portrait)
Send your application or questions to IDFA’s New Media Producer Wotienke Vermeer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DocLab Academy is an initiative of IDFA’s new media program DocLab and Flemish Arts Center De Brakke Grond.
The program is a.o. supported by Creative Industries Fund NL and The Flanders Audiovisual Fund, Creative Europe Desk Flanders.