DocLab Shorts 24 Nov at 19:45
A program of short stories that would never have existed without the internet.
Call For Entries IDFA DocLab 2016
DocLab is open to all sorts of interactive projects, ranging from webdocs, apps and virtual reality projects to data art, multimedia journalism, installations and live performances.
For those interested in the creative potential of digital technology, virtual reality and interactive media, this year’s International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (16-27 November 2016) will have more to offer than ever before.
Since 2007, the IDFA DocLab program showcases the best interactive non-fiction storytelling and explores how the digital revolution is reshaping documentary art. DocLab Academy presents a unique interactive training program and IDFA’s Crossmedia Forum offers new funding and co-production opportunities for innovative non-linear projects.
DocLab is open to all sorts of interactive projects, ranging from webdocs, apps and virtual reality projects to data art, multimedia journalism, installations and live performances. This year marks IDFA DocLab’s tenth anniversary, so we are preparing the largest edition to date. Click here to submit your project.
- IDFA DocLab is open to all sorts of works that use new media to represent reality, ranging from digital non-fiction storytelling and art to physical installations, virtual reality experiences, live performance and multimedia projects.
- Submitted projects will be considered (1) for the IDFA DocLab Competition, (2) as an installation for our festival exhibition, (3) as a performance at our live cinema events and/or (4) for the IDFA DocLab Online Database
- Projects selected as part of the competition program are eligible for the IDFA DocLab Award for Digital Documentary Storytelling and the IDFA DocLab Award for Immersive Non-Fiction Storytelling
- The IDFA DocLab program and competition are open to unreleased projects, as well as projects that have been made publicly available on the internet after August 2015. Priority is given to projects that have not yet been presented at other events or festivals.
Find IDFA’s full entry regulations here.
Key Festival Dates
- Interactive Conference 2016: Sunday 20 November
- DocLab Academy 2016: Application opens on 1 September (exact academy dates tbc)
- The DocLab Exhibition & Live Cinema Events: November 17 – 27
- IDFA Forum (21-23 November), the festival’s international co-financing and co-production market, welcomes crossmedia projects with an emphasis on interactivity seeking funding, co-production or professional input. Call for projects opens on 1 July, deadline 1 September.