Live: Super Stream Me 26 Nov 2015 at 20:00
A look back on one of the most ruthless live streaming experiments ever with Tim Den Besten and Nicolaas Veul as well as several special guests.
Live: VR Cinema Showcase 24 Nov 2015 at 20:00
Virtual reality pioneers show their latest works and reflect on both the hype and artistic potential of virtual reality and immersive media.
Live: The Art of Artificial Intelligence 23 Nov 2015 at 20:00
Live cinema event on artificial intelligence, including live presentations of Kyle McDonald, Dries Depoorter and Ross Goodwin.
The IDFA DocLab Competition 2013
We proudly present the 15 projects eligible for the firestarters IDFA DocLab Award for Digital Storytelling.
IDFA has published the list of titles selected for all festival programs, including the IDFA DocLab Competition and the Interactive Reality Program (organised in collaboration with De Brakke Grond).
The IDFA DocLab Competition includes:
- 17000 Islands Thomas A. Østbye/Edwin (Norway/Indonesia, 2013)
- Burn Out Samuel Bollendorff/Olivia Colo (France, 2013)
- Dream Homes Property Consultants Alexandra Handal (England, 2013)
- Faces of Facebook Natalia Rojas (Argentina, 2013)
- Fort McMoney Dufresne David (Canada, 2013)
- Hidden Wounds Interactive Tomas Kaan (The Netherlands, 2013)
- Hollow Elaine McMillion (USA, 2013)
- I Love Your Work Jonathan Harris (USA, 2013)
- Just a Reflektor Vincent Morisset (USA/Canada/England, 2013)
- The Last Hunt Jeremy Mendes/NFB Digital Studio (Canada, 2013)
- Out of Sight out of Mind Pitch Interactive (USA, 2013)
- A Short History of the Highrise Katerina Cizek (Canada, 2013)
- The Sochi Project Arnold van Bruggen/Rob Hornstra (The Netherlands, 2013)
- Type:Rider Théo Le Du Fuentes (France, 2013)
- Unspeak (Netherlands, 2013)
All fifteen projects in competition are eligible for the firestarters IDFA DocLab Award for Digital Storytelling, consisting of a sculpture and a cash prize of € 2.500.