Live: Super Stream Me 26 Nov 2015 at 20:00
A look back on one of the most ruthless live streaming experiments ever with Tim Den Besten and Nicolaas Veul as well as several special guests.
Live: VR Cinema Showcase 24 Nov 2015 at 20:00
Virtual reality pioneers show their latest works and reflect on both the hype and artistic potential of virtual reality and immersive media.
Live: The Art of Artificial Intelligence 23 Nov 2015 at 20:00
Live cinema event on artificial intelligence, including live presentations of Kyle McDonald, Dries Depoorter and Ross Goodwin.
Interactive Documentary Conference
On 18 November 2012, IDFA presents a one-day conference on the future of documentary storytelling in the digital age.
Is the digital age disrupting the art of documentary storytelling? What are the consequences for the documentary industry and its future business models? What inspires us and some of the world’s most successful digital pioneers and documentary media artists?
Join IDFA on Sunday 18 November, and explore the future of digital documentary storytelling during a new one-day festival conference.
- Jane Burton (Tate Modern)
- Andrew DeVigal (New York Times, Second Story)
- Hugues Sweeney (National Film Board of Canada)
- Alexandre Brachet (Upian)
- Daniel Burwen (Cognito Films)
- Bjarke Myrthu (Storyplanet)
- Joel Ronez (Radio France)
- William Uricchio (MIT Open Documentary Lab)
- Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter)
- David Carzon (ARTE)
- Jonathan Puckey (Studio Moniker)
- best and worst ideas for a crossmedia documentary
- secrets behind successful interactive & participatory projects
- the rise of app-stores and touch devices
- new tools for creating and publishing interactive stories
- data stories & data art
- the business side of interactive documentary
See full program here:
The Interactive Documentary Conference is organised in celebration of the 25th edition of IDFA and the 5th edition of its new media program IDFA DocLab. In collaboration with EDN and Brakke Grond. Supported by the Mondriaan Foundation and AFK. Lunch is sponsored by ARTE and National Film Board of Canada (NFB). The Networking Drinks are hosted by the MEDIA Desk Netherlands, the MEDIA Desk Belgium-Flemish Community and the Dutch Photographers Federation.
Tickets for the whole day cost €25 (or €20 with a City Pass or XXXS Card). For IDFA Guest Pass holders a ticket is €5 in advance / free on the day itself.
Sunday 18 November | 10:00 – 18:00 | De Brakke Grond, Expo Zaal | € 25 / € 20 / €5