Installation: Alma, a Tale of Violence 21 Nov 2012 at 10:00
Exhibition of photography and drawings from the interactive project Alma, a Tale of Violence.
Installation: Moments of Innovation 21 Nov 2012 at 10:00
Interactive Installation: When Documentary and Technology Converge
Installation: Robots in Residence 21 Nov 2012 at 15:00
If robots can build cars and bomb people in foreign countries, why wouldn’t they be able to make documentary films one day?
Interactive Documentary Conference
On 18 November 2012, IDFA presents a one-day conference on the future of documentary storytelling in the digital age.
Is the digital age disrupting the art of documentary storytelling? What are the consequences for the documentary industry and its future business models? What inspires us and some of the world’s most successful digital pioneers and documentary media artists?
Join IDFA on Sunday 18 November, and explore the future of digital documentary storytelling during a new one-day festival conference.
- Jane Burton (Tate Modern)
- Andrew DeVigal (New York Times, Second Story)
- Hugues Sweeney (National Film Board of Canada)
- Alexandre Brachet (Upian)
- Daniel Burwen (Cognito Films)
- Bjarke Myrthu (Storyplanet)
- Joel Ronez (Radio France)
- William Uricchio (MIT Open Documentary Lab)
- Elisabeth Holm (Kickstarter)
- David Carzon (ARTE)
- Jonathan Puckey (Studio Moniker)
- best and worst ideas for a crossmedia documentary
- secrets behind successful interactive & participatory projects
- the rise of app-stores and touch devices
- new tools for creating and publishing interactive stories
- data stories & data art
- the business side of interactive documentary
See full program here:
The Interactive Documentary Conference is organised in celebration of the 25th edition of IDFA and the 5th edition of its new media program IDFA DocLab. In collaboration with EDN and Brakke Grond. Supported by the Mondriaan Foundation and AFK. Lunch is sponsored by ARTE and National Film Board of Canada (NFB). The Networking Drinks are hosted by the MEDIA Desk Netherlands, the MEDIA Desk Belgium-Flemish Community and the Dutch Photographers Federation.
Tickets for the whole day cost €25 (or €20 with a City Pass or XXXS Card). For IDFA Guest Pass holders a ticket is €5 in advance / free on the day itself.
Sunday 18 November | 10:00 – 18:00 | De Brakke Grond, Expo Zaal | € 25 / € 20 / €5